Thursday, January 14, 2016

Nest? No quite there yet!

I'm a sucker for everything cool, high-tech and avant-garde (except for Apple products, that should tell you something, right?), so it's no surprise that I jump all over the Nest thermostats when we built our new home, just two years ago. It looked sleek and sci-fi alright and would be going to enhance my already spoiled life.

That was until last night when the main floor unit went on the fritz which lead me to panic, almost get a heart attack, plug the wrong terminal into the recharging port of the unit, and all this because the folks at Nest just performed a software update that screwed-up everything.

After much angst and trepidation, all is back to work this morning, but I have now deep second thoughts (call it buyer's remorse) about that sleek, magical device. Early adopters of all stripes, beware!

To be continued...

No comments: