Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Post-Christmas tree tale

We've had natural and artificial trees over the years and have returned to the natural kind for the past two. So, yesterday, when my daughter helped me carry our tree to the official Park City Christmas tree cemetery, I was stunned by the quantity of trees already there.
There must have been at least 3 to 400 trees deposited for eventual recycling. This, of course, brought up the question, is that at all ecological and the answer isn't that clear cut, as I have read that it takes between 5 to 10 years to make up for all the chemical harm an artificial tree manufactured in Asia create vs. the ecological impact of a natural tree grown in the USA.

Of course, I'm not factoring-in the inconveniences of carrying the tree back and forth on my car rooftop, cleaning up the fallen needles and watering the plant daily. But of course, there's the fragrance, ah ! The fragrance...

No comments: