Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Obama's State of the Union

We watched the entire speech last night and were not disappointed. As he knows how to raise to big occasions and deliver perfectly well on stage, President Obama performed to perfection. He was very gracious and frankly, if I were in his shoes, I would not have been so nice. I would have also said:

“I don't know if it's just me, but from the first day I became the leader of this country, I felt that the Republican Party would obstruct every good thing I attempted to achieve. I tried to be nice to them, go the extra mile and include them in many of my projects, but they wouldn't have any of it. They seemed just out to get me and any proposal or constructive action I was championing.

Was this racism? I hope not, but in many ways in felt that way. I know that under the surface, racism is still going strong in our nation and that if someone had to be targeted it would be me. This said, I remained gracious, in control and never met my opponents at their lowest levels. If anything, my ignoring their permanent barrage of attacks made me stronger.

Today, these opponents have the nerve to lament that their discourse is going to the dogs through the voice of the leading republican candidate. They can't complain, their actions created that monster. In closing, I know that many Americans felt the way I did, and they're probably right.“

No comments: