Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The angry white man...

Like millions of Americans, I was glued to my TV screen watching the first presidential debate of this election season. I said “I watched”, and saw plenty of telling body language. Trump wasn't doing too well in that category, while Clinton performed close to perfection.
Donald Trump personified the typical “angry white man” he is so good at electrifying. He must also have experienced a bruising contrast between the sixteen sub-par candidates he crushed during the primaries, and the fortress-like wall he had to confront in Hillary, last evening.

His usual swagger and bullying technique didn't work well on her. She was in fact a much fiercer wall than the one he promised to build on the Mexican border...

Until last night, it was totally impossible to imagine the outcome of this first face-to-face, and evidently, the difference between the two was simply overwhelming. While I was a reluctant Hillary supporter until that debate, I now can see that this choice totally makes sense and I bet that, besides Trump, other losers might be all down-ticket Republican Candidates suffering from a lower voters turn out on Election Day...

No comments: