Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Crossing paths?

This past weekend, I went hiking with my 11 year old grandson and we both had a wonderful time.

My little companion didn’t hold me up and climbed without a problem. It certainly helped that he now trains regularly at a climbing gym and that finding a solid footing has almost become second nature to him.

While I still might have a little more endurance than he does, we’re almost now at a similar physical level. Him growing and improving, me slowly going down in my abilities. So, it’s tempting to look at charting either one of us physical performance and comparing how these will intersect.

Even though I’m the one who made it up, the picture tells a lot about our compatibility for hiking and climbing over the next three to five years, without having one of us limping or huffing and puffing behind (that would be me!), and continue to have tons of fun together.

A welcome good news!

No comments: