Thursday, June 6, 2019

Picking flowers

Here is another interesting job I also had when I was a kid.

Our family restaurant was only open in the summer in those days and it was named “Les Rhodos”, an abbreviation for rhododendron, a flowering shrubs found in the Alps and blooming in late June, early July.

During this time period, we used to decorate the dining room with their freshly picked red flowers and my parents would send me in the morning to pick a supply of fresh flowers.

I eagerly looked forward to that job, as it would free me to do what I loved: Roaming free in the mountains, climbing rocks, talking to myself and feeling the immense pleasure of having no pressure and no one to take order from.

This was a priceless moment at a time when these were few and far between...

No comments: