Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Playing electrician

I have learned about electricity when I was in high school, just enough though to get out of trouble if I came in presence of some lethal current, but decidedly not sufficiently to wire my own home.

So a variation of the popular song “Don’t know much about...” would definitely apply to that form of energy. Sure, I have changed switches, repaired small lamps and basic home appliances, but was never much at ease nor too well-equipped to carry-out the job.

Recently, I had attempted to convert some switches into fan timers in our bathrooms, but once I had peeked into the cavity, looked at the complex wire entanglement inside, and the apparent impossibility to tuck back the larger box into place, I decided to have a licensed electrician install them.

 Yet, we still had one such switch downstairs that could use the upgrade, so quite valiantly, last week, I decided to revisit that installation and after selecting and finding a good YouTube video showing me how to proceed, I watched it a few times and went to work on the project.

To both my amazement and satisfaction, all worked perfectly well and I decided that there would be more electrical project in my immediate future!

No comments: