Friday, December 4, 2020

Should I ask Trump for a pardon?

While Donald Trump probably believes that he should pardon himself, including his own family, cronies and friend as a preemptive measure to shelter him from the deluge of legal actions waiting as soon as he exits the White House, I have myself wondering if I shouldn’t ask him for a preemptive pardon too. 

I don’t intend to rob a bank, nor to commit any major crime, but I would love to do one simple thing while I’m alive. 

If and when I get that Tesla that has been in on my wish-list for a while, I intend to test it on Interstate 80, and particularly climbing the 6% grade preceding Parley Summit to see if I can get any close to the 155 mph announced for the model I covet. 

That pardon would embolden me to try it as it would guarantee me some modicum of protection in case a Utah Highway Patrol car happens to be around and considering that we're in a 65 mph zone…

No comments: