Sunday, May 9, 2021

Checking if God’s paying attention…

While meditating, I have always thought this was the best time to be receptive to divine messages and interventions, so, during my daily session, I’ve tried to invite God (I mean anyone of any persuasion, whether it might be Christian, Muslim, Hindu, animist, etc.) to come and whisper in my ears that he or she was the one I should listen to, and follow from now on. 

Even tough I’ve tried my best to listen and pay attention, I haven’t heard a thing, so I think God could care less or might be on an extended vacation. 

I’m also certain that managing (should I say “babysitting”) 7.8 billion humans must be as hard as it is stressful, and I’m not surprised that whoever it is, our Supreme Being doesn’t seem to care about me, my concerns about global warming, melting glaciers and shorter ski seasons.

I think I’ve got the message; I’ll keep on meditating and leave my door open for an always possible but highly unlikely divine intrusion into my lowly life. Just stay tuned...

No comments: