Tuesday, May 25, 2021

The antidote to the “boring life”…

I don’t know about you, but when all goes too well, I get bored really fast. 

I seem to be someone who needs a smidgen of adversity every now and then to keep my interest high and use whatever little creativity I’m able to muster. 

This is why the idea of a perfect Heaven after death, if there’s such thing, scares the Bejesus out of me. 

Just like a piece of halibut needs seasoning to be edible, our lives need some pepper and salt under the form of challenges, anxiety, fear, pain and suffering, as long as all that “seasoning” doesn’t last too long or doesn’t leave damaging and permanent scars. 

When all goes too smoothly in my little boring life, I know – deep inside – that it’s time for some rough times to make me regain a healthy attention. 

If that stimulus doesn’t come naturally, I can create it in a hurry from a long list of things I hate to do!

No comments: