Sunday, May 30, 2021

Madame Huguette Beyl, 1921-2021

This past week, I learned that Mrs. Beyl, wife of Look ski bindings founder, the late Jean Beyl, passed away after she had celebrated her 100th birthday earlier this year, on January 2. 

She was the person who gave me my first job as well as my big break into the wholesale ski industry and I will always be thankful to her from trusting me and letting me into that tightly closed business in which everyone would give their first born to get a job ! 

Tough, pragmatic and very perceptive, she could read people well (at least that’s what I firmly believe since she thought so highly of me!) and, if anything, she understood and appreciated her retailers. 

She and her husband got shafted by Bernard Tapie, but what goes around comes around, and today Tapie, with his stolen millions, remains a poor and a pityful soul. 

I’ll miss Madame Beyl, as we used to call her, and hope she’s now in a great place after an exceptional long and productive life.

No comments: