Saturday, May 1, 2021

Should I be glad to have moved out?

I just ran into another ranking, this one involved 34,837 French Cities and Villages based on the overall quality of life they offer their residents. 

This ranking is based on a survey that has been conducted since 2017. 

Respondents were selected based on sex, age, socioeconomic categories, types of city and region of residence and questions ranked quality of life, safety, transports, shopping and services, healthcare, education, recreation and social climate. 

The study is called “Villes et Village of France où il fait bon vivre” (French cities and villages where life is good) and, even though it’s in French, you can check it out here

What village or city won that contest? Unsurprisingly, it’s Annecy, in Haute-Savoie. This the major city where I come from; it’s also called the Venice of the Alps. 

There, I checked the small town of Montriond. Population 905, where I was raised, and realized to my dismay that it ranked only 11,717th out of 34,847 towns and cities.

This made me feel sad, but on the other hand, I was delighted that I made the move to Park City Utah.

No comments: