Saturday, October 2, 2021

A first trip ‘round the world, part 65

Following Gérard and Marcel’s departure, JP and I kept the fort, so to speak, by continuing to teach skiing till the end of September.

I don’t remember if Alexis stayed also till the bitter end, but by now, the snow was fast melting and business drying up, and except for the carnival and other end of season silly celebrations, business was dwindling. 

As I had hinted before, we might have been allowed to stay a bit later in order to make up for the time we were delayed on the ship, and had a chance to earn a few more dollars. 

At that point, our minds had become fully focused on our return trip. It seems to me that Jean-Pierre had once again got a coaching job at Loveland ski resort in Colorado, and would eventually get back to Georgetown, the little cowboy town encased below Interstate 70. 

As for me, I was focused on crossing and discovering America with the $99 unlimited pass I was going to purchase before leaving Australia, and doing part of the Pacific crossing with JP. 

We still had to finalize our respective return trips, but our original plan was still to travel in tandem to America.

No comments: