Sunday, October 17, 2021

A first trip ‘round the world, part 76

Arriving at the brand new Paris Charles de Gaulle airport was the rude awakening signaling that the grand adventure was now over. 

I think I took a bus to reach Gare de Lyon, jumped in a slow train to Thonon-Les-Bains (it was long before TGV high-speed trains roamed the land) and arrived late afternoon in the capital of Chablais where my brother Gaston was waiting for me. 

I had not seen him for four and a half month. 

I sure was as glad to see him as I assumed he was. 

We caught up with the news and quickly talked about my house that was under construction. I had not thought much about it since last May. Tomorrow we’d go and work on the roof that we would cover with asphalt shingles. 

The dream was now over. I had finally landed on some harsh reality!

No comments: