Wednesday, October 13, 2021

A first trip ‘round the world, part 73

After visiting Chicago, I jumped on the next bus to Detroit with the goal of reaching Niagara Falls and marvel at its cascading waters. This to me was more interesting than walking into a large city where I didn’t know anyone. 

For the life of me. I spent a lot of time ambling back and forth between the Canadian and the United States border and watching all that water moving from Canada into the US. 

Sure, by that time, I had encountered many people on the bus; all came from all walk of life, several of them being recently freed from prison, mostly poor folks who couldn’t afford to travel by train or plane, all kinds of shady or weird characters, others ordinary American going to see family, trying to look for a job, or seemingly wandering around in that huge country. 

That night, I boarded another bus that was taking me down to the “Big Apple”, the fabled city of New York, the one that never slept...

No comments: