Saturday, October 16, 2021

A first trip ‘round the world, part 75

When I got off the bus in Montreal, early that morning and after I placed my belongings into one of the station lockers, I felt pretty good. It was one of these awesome October fall days that are the hallmark of the east coast of America. 

In addition the Greyhound Station was steps away from the Park of Mt. Royal which provided me with a stunning first impression of that city. I spent most of my day there, walking around, watching people enjoying the warm autumnal sun and feeling good. 

In the middle of the afternoon, it was time to get on a bus to Dorval airport to catch my flight back to Paris. I still remember that moment quite vividly. For the first time in my life I boarded that cavernous Air France 747, and had not enough eyes to be impressed by the massive flying machine. 

I think I slept most of the time it took to cross the Atlantic. As I woke up, I felt conflicting feelings as I know realized that my trip was coming to an end and that real-life reality was lurking around the corner.

No comments: