Thursday, March 10, 2022

Skiing my age might get tougher…

Because my life is simple and easy, I make a point of “skiing my age” each winter season and yesterday was the day I just reached 74 ski forays to just match my age. 

Was is more difficult than in previous years? In a sense it was, because of a relatively poor ski season in terms of snow coverage and because, let’s face it, my body needs a bit more propping to get out in the cold as it becomes a lot more attractive to stay home when the weather or the conditions are less than inciting. 

It’s in fact the first time that I must agree that while it might work on paper, we’ll need to have ski seasons long enough, in the future, to fit a growing number of ski outings in and a body that resists the temptation of staying home and can still withstand the aching and aging joints, the softening muscles, a less assured balance and a prudence that slowly turns into fear. 

So far, I’m still willing, able and ready to face these challenges, so let see how reality will match the intent!

No comments: