Tuesday, November 8, 2022

My election forecast

Today is mid-term election day in the United States. In my view this vote is every bit as important as the presidential consultation, because without a majority in Congress, the president is totally disabled. 

Later this evening, or more likely in the following days, we’ll know if the media predictions that say the “Fascist-MAGA-Trumpist-GOP” will take over Congress are true. 

Let me offer mine as a refreshing rebuttal. I believe the Democrats will keep both Chambers, not because their message was better or their strategy was more effective, but because our Supreme Court banned abortion, that one out of two voters is a woman well aware of what that decision means, and that the few intelligent people that voted for Trump are realizing the man’s toxicity. 

In fact, like in many other countries on earth, Americans have not voted for the people they liked, but against the ones they hate. 

Now, I just hope that my pragmatic and optimistic forecast prevails!

No comments: