Friday, February 10, 2023

Biden’s state of the Union

I had no great expectations before our President’s speech on Tuesday night, but at the end, after listening to his entire presentation, I was nicely surprised and quite pleased with its content and delivery.
 
Joe Biden was able to make it lively, energetic, fun and didn’t hesitate to ad lib when he had to, with positive results. He also offered a plan and real solutions to real problems. 

I don’t like the fact he’s eighty years old, but he still sounds much better than Trump, DeSantis and Pence, and if I had to make a choice for 2024 among these players, I’d still vote for him. 

As for the Republican response by Arkansas’ new minted governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders, it was bitchy, dystopian, heavy on ideology but devoid of solutions. She’d be a perfect running mate for the demented Trump if he ever get to be a candidate this time around. 

I hope the GOP realizes, before it’s too late for them, that Americans want practical solutions and not a ban on Woke and CRT ideas...

No comments: