Monday, February 6, 2023

The Killy I used to like…

To prepare for the upcoming Alpine world ski championships in Courchevel-Meribel, the “Dauphiné Libéré”, my hometown daily newspaper, has been publishing a series of video interviews of former French world champions, and the last one I saw was Killy’s. 

I used to like Jean-Claude Killy until he fell under the nefarious spell of Vladimir Putin. He was a clear, no-nonsense individual that in fact I admired tremendously to that point that he became my lifetime hero until he fell for the Russian dictator. 

Some say that through his KGB indoctrination, Putin became gifted at playing people, finding their soft spots to lead them to his views and ideas. To me, Killy seemed to smart to fall into that trap, unless his interaction with Putin prior, and doing the Sochi Olympics, made him a much richer man. 

That no one will ever know, so for the time being enjoy watching that video that shows the side of Killy that I used to appreciate so much, that of course, if you understand French! 

No comments: