Friday, February 3, 2023

New ski runs just for me!

Because we got so much snow, we’ve been able to ski the southeast side of Super Condor at Canyons without touching a single rock or stump on many occasion, which in of itself is a very rare occurrence. 

In fact, recently, I have left my favorite, Ninety-nine 90 to spend more time skiing on both sides of that ridge. More exciting though, a few day ago, Ski Patrol opened passages A and B (see photo) that I’ve seen open before.

This was short live though as these two fine runs were closed again yesterday as temperatures were on the rise. I managed to ski A (the most interesting of the two) twice. 

It’s very steep and quite challenging, at least the sunny exposure and very few skier passages make it so. The first time I did it, one of my ski got stuck and I got ejected far below and had to climb back precariously and with much difficulties to get my board back. 

I also skied C, finally under good conditions, but I had done it a few time before with less than ideal coverage. Hopefully, A and B with re-open as we get more snow and I’ll have a chance to enjoy skiing them again. 

By the way, I’ll need to ask Ski Patrol for the name of A, B and C!

No comments: