Monday, February 27, 2023

When is my solar production returning?

Just last week, big chunks of snow had finally slid off some of my solar panels and, miracle! We were producing electricity again. 

Half of our panels were still covered, but we were hopeful, and then midweek, we were hit with almost 25 inches of new snow that set us back in the heart of winter. 

Yesterday, when I check my solar phone app, I realized we only had produced in a couple of days 5.69 kwh for… the 2023 year! To put things into perspective, our solar system’s annual output is around 4,000 kwh. 

So, at this point we can only hope that no matter how thick the snow is on our panels it will slide or melt faster now that we approach March and the days are getting longer. If death and taxes are a certainty, solar production is definitely not!

No comments: