Saturday, May 18, 2019

Lining up for fun!

Yesterday my friend Dirk emailed me to ask if I were game for skiing at Snowbird this Saturday. I didn't have to think and immediately said “yes!”

I knew the weather would be snowy but wasn't quite counting on 12 inches of new snow. Getting to the top was the problem, though.

At the resort base, the tram was out for maintenance and that left us with riding the Peruvian chair as our sole option.

Even though we arrived before 8 am when the lift was supposed to begin operation, we waited and waited until the ski patrol was done with avalanche control and soon a humongous line began to form stretching uphill making it a hard and demoralizing work for those who wanted to join in.
While I'd never would tolerate waiting in line for 5 minutes in winter, I couldn't believe that I accepted my fate, bid my time, stayed in line for 35 minutes, chatting patiently with my friend.

As amazing as it might sound, we repeated the same folly since the upper lifts were still not open as we got to the top of the chairlift, and had no choice but ski towards the base.

My change of attitude towards queues and my newborn patience were nothing short of a total metamorphosis, a true miracle, in fact.

So if you're no longer convinced of the healing powers of Lourdes, time perhaps, for you, to try Snowbird instead!

No comments: