Wednesday, May 15, 2019

No e-scooters in Park City!

One thing that negatively impressed us while we were in San Diego, was the plethora of electric scooters both on the streets and scattered on the sidewalks.

This is a plague we won't have to deal with in Park City and Summit County anytime soon, thanks to a county-wide ban issued about one month ago.

 Back in February, feedback was sought from the community about electric scooters through an online survey. More than 560 participated (I didn't, I wasn't aware of it) with most of them saying they didn't like the idea.

A majority felt the community would be better served with expanding the existing electric bike share program and the bus transit system.

I approve of the decision, because I value my life too much and don't want to end up under an e-scooter!

No comments: