Friday, May 3, 2019

My season on Dynastar Legend 80X

Yesterday was a fabulous ski day for me and my wife at Snowbird. Cold temperatures, blue skies and excellent snow.

It was also my 112th time on ski this season and the 63rd on my Dynastar Legend 80X that have become my inseparable companions in all kinds of terrain, snow and places.

The ski is extremely light and this is why I picked it. It allow me to ski on long boards (180 cm) without any weight penalty and is perfect for the gnarly terrain I'm fond of (tree skiing especially) with their low moment of inertia.

Yet, they're still good carvers on hard pack (80 mm under foot) and still pretty stable. Sure, with such light skis, I have to pay attention of not over-correcting them to much in crud, cut tracks and heavy spring snow.

It's a marriage made in heaven and I hope to stay on skis very similar to these until I kick the proverbial bucket!

No comments: