Friday, February 27, 2009

Does religious faith come automatically?

As I confessed in an earlier blog, I never had a “natural” religious faith. I went to church for a while because I was coerced into doing so, but faith never came to me out of the blue. I understand that one tenet of faith is that small children should be taught empirical subjects in the hope that, when they’ve acquired enough life experience and good judgment, they can espouse them. But what if these subjects are wrong or just baseless? That in my view is where lays the problem. I would tend to believe that natural human instinct supersedes faith and is a much more reliable indicator. My instincts make me believe in the future, in having children, in being good and decent with my fellow humans. They also give me sometime a little “extra” inkling in terms of premonition, inspiration and mysterious paths that I’m glad to explore when given an opportunity. However, they’ve failed so far to point out the right religious faith to follow among all the many options competing for my attention. It could very well be that I wasn’t focusing much on the subject… Now, what about you; have you been more tuned to that spiritual calling?

No comments: