Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ode to imagination

Imagination is one of our greatest, yet so underutilized gift that we ought to pay more attention to. It should be our number one mental energy source. It seems that as I grow older, I find it tiring to tap into that well of inspiration and ideas and too often, I end up ignoring it. Imagination is the gateway to great ideas, inspiration and creativity, and we ought to keep that door wide open and use it to fuel our continued personal growth. I’ve also found that even though I think of myself as a positive individual, negative thoughts leading to the darker side of imagination come up a lot easier than positive ones. I wish I could return to my free-wheeling childish imagination; at the very least, I plan to work on it… How do you manage your own imaginary wealth?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good points.... I think what you just described is the beauty of youth, being untainted by a lifetime of hard knocks.