Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Staying positive in this negative world

There’s not a day that goes by with its serving of bad news: Sinking stock market, new financial or political scandal, job losses and natural disasters. How can we keep our sanity, let alone a decent attitude in the midst of all this turmoil? Perhaps, we need to be contrarian, and understand that everything is cyclical, like after the rain, the sun will re-appear or something along this lines. As long as I’m breathing and feeling alive I remind myself that I have absolutely no right to feel bad. It becomes my responsibility to shape my coping mechanisms and come up with an antidote for the day’s most terrible events. Life elements are like a see-saw, when the market is down, it’s a good time to buy, when real-estate collapses, land becomes cheaper, etc. Start turning that negative broth into an uplifting, creative game and your world will transform itself!
Do I hear a better suggestion?

No comments: