Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What would Jesus think?

Okay, we all know that Obama has got his hands full and is under incredible pressure to make good decisions, but excuse me Mr. President, in the case of Tim Geithner (our Treasury Secretary) and Tom Daschle (our proposed Secretary of Health and Human Services) there are some big problems. Both have “forgotten” to pay some of their taxes. Yet they’re highly educated and have reached top-notch positions before their recent nominations. One of them (Daschle) is a lawmaker who’s supposed to make laws and - I assume - know their meaning, while the other (Geithner,) is now overseeing the IRS. Now, here I am; I’ve never been to college, I’ve never been a celebrity, but I know enough about not getting in a pickle with the taxman; further, I’ve found that by using common sense, I get the right answer to most of my tax-related questions. Again, President Obama, if you’re too busy assessing your team members’ ethics and deciding if you should keep them, simply ask yourself “what would Jesus do?” This is precisely what I did and after I invoked his wisdom, the woodworker from Nazareth told me without hesitating “both men could be used-car salesmen or real estate agents, but should not be trusted with a top Administration’s job.” So smart that Jesus, even more than you, President Obama!

No comments: