Sunday, February 8, 2009

Will the stimulus package work?

I’ve not been a fan of the stimulus package. First, when things are bad, there're always two options; do something or do nothing. Sometimes, the latter has more merits than doing something for the sake of having good conscience. This said, I would agree with the republicans that the package originally proposed by the house was a lot of repackaged “pork” but where I have a big problem with these same republicans is that their proposal was a return to the past and to solutions that have proven they didn’t work: More tax cuts. This showed that the Republican Party is out of new ideas, and like a herd of dinosaurs, is on its way to extinction (a good thing as far as I’m concerned.) Okay, criticism is easy, but would I have proposed if I had paid a bit more attention to that issue? I would have attached more tax-credit to job-producing investments, I would have weighted the tax-credit more heavily towards economic activities of the future (renewable energy, high-tech, broadband infrastructure and starting the foundation of a true healthcare reform). Want more details? Ask some specific questions and I’ll deliver the answers!

No comments: