Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dreams, sound and picture

On numerous occasions I've been asked if I dream in French or in English. Man, this is a tough question! I really have no idea and don't seem to pay attention to the “audio portion” of my dreams.
First, I have a terrible time remembering them. For one thing, they make very little sense to me and while they somehow relate to my daily experiences – past and current – they mix up everything and are, I believe, the result of some kind of technical maintenance that takes place in my brain when I'm asleep and in which various thoughts and files that have nothing in common, are mixed together and usually end up creating weird combination of feelings and situations.

So, unlike Jung, I don't believe dreams hold any significance, but again, that's just my opinion. The reason, I write this story however, is that beyond the language spoken during this unconscious brain activity, I had the good fortune, two nights ago, to dream in HD. That's right, in “High Definition!” The picture was uncommonly sharp and bright and I would like all my dreams – from now on – to be formed with that army of extra pixels. I guess this is new and like our home TV, is one of the technical advances we now all benefit from. Since I couldn't remember any dreams from last night, I assume that they took a day off, but I hope to return to vivid HD when they resume. Perhaps then, this added feature will help me do a better job at remembering the object of that nightly “housekeeping...”

No comments: