Monday, March 22, 2010

From emotion to reason

In order to reason clearly, emotion ought to be taken out of the process. This is not as easy as it would seem and generally takes a pretty long “cooling-off time” and is best achieved by taking steps to ensures that it truly happens. This is a common problem that explains why most business deals, even when they claim to have been reached with a “cool head” are too often the byproduct of heated sentiments or are at least somewhat influenced by lingering emotions.

This probably explains why they are so few rational and unbiased decisions ever made. The biggest challenge is characterized by overcoming the time it takes to regain a clear mind after an emotional surge and the intensity of the latter. That cleansing time period can vary vastly and is not always easily fathomable. So next time, you think you're ready to move on, always make sure that the emotional fire is fully extinguished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats high to you send, intention look progressive for more interdependent articles soon as its sole of my favourite issue to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.