Saturday, October 23, 2010

Are we what we drive?

Yesterday, my good friend William Bocq couldn't resist to show his surprise when he read my daily blog and exclaimed that he never thought of me as a Lamborghini man. Instead, he was picturing me as an F350 or Dodge Ram driver; you see, the cowboy type. Well, he was wrong on both counts actually. As I responded to his post, I said I wouldn't mind driving a Lambo, but would be concerned of extracting myself out of that tight and low riding car when I'm done driving. I'd need some outside help and be very fearful of hurting my lower back.

I know, when I was a teenager, I was dreaming of owning a “Fournier Marcadier” (what's that?) which in France at the time was a “poor man's Lambo” that I would have had to put together myself as it was sold as a kit and motored by a tiny Renault engine. I never got to do it and, my acne gone, that dream evaporated quickly. Today while I don't drive a huge pick up as Bill assumes, I drive something I like a lot, but that is - believe it or not – not quite my dream car yet.
Today, the auto I fancy happens to be a “cult car” in Alaska, Colorado, Utah and Vermont, it's semi-utilitarian, but it precisely fit my very desires - yeah, I didn't say “needs.” I've owned a few of them in the past, and when I return to that set of wheels, I'll tell you what it is...

2 comments:

William Bocq said...

Exactly: age compatible desires, or wants. Anyway, the FM had character, and you had to put it together, which, if I had to do that myself would have added another level of "character" to the result.
So, what is it that you drive now? a Polaris quad (popular in Alaska, Colorado, etc.) or a team of huskies?
Be well my friend.

Go 11 said...

I'd never thought about the Polaris (it'd be a snowmobile, I guess) nor the huskies, but those are quite pertinent suggestions. What I'm talking about is actually an auto; just stay tuned though, I'll tell you what make and model it is in due time!