Friday, October 8, 2010

Searching for inspiration

For months, I've been wracking my brain to find a lay-out or a design for a small rockscape I plan to build in front of our house. I only have a vague idea of what it might look like and it's been very difficult for me to see it clearly in my mind's eye. I've tried to put it on paper and my hand appears paralyzed and refuses to draw anything.
I went to get rocks of all sizes and shape and they're now sitting by the side of the house, waiting to be put in place and while I still was hesitating yesterday, I finally began to lay the rocks out on the lawn to create some pattern. Yeah, simply to do something and get that creativity train in motion. With what was defined by a few slates spread on the ground I got my start, the pattern began to take shape and I can now picture what I may get down the road. I only took a first physical step. Often in searching for inspiration, just sticking to the “intellectual” side of the equation is woefully insufficient for setting the wheels in motion...

No comments: