Friday, October 22, 2010

Wants, needs and government

As most of us know too well, there's a huge difference between “wants” and “needs.” For example, I want a Lamborghini, but I simply need some mean of transportation.
Political events and social news around the world fall into that same category. For instance, it would seem that French people want to work less, but their country needs to pay for retirement and needs to keep its deficit under control. In America, we the people, want to pay even less taxes, but need to balance our books, etc. I could go on and on with that subtle difference between “wants” and “needs” but suffice to say that next time, we WANT our government to do certain things, let's ask ourselves first, what we really NEED and go with the later...

2 comments:

William Bocq said...

Funny, I never thought of you as a Lamborghini man. I was picturing you more easily in an F350 or Dodge Ram! What do you know?

Go 11 said...

Well there's always hope in this life! The actual truth of the matter has more to do with self-identification, like Lamborghini - Lendroit, or something along these lines, but I wouldn't mind a Lambo, except that I'd need a crane or some outside help when I need to get out of the car. An F350 is a probably more appropriate vehicle...