Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm getting mad too!

This November election, most Americans are mad against something; I wasn't until this early morning, but at 6 am I became incensed too! I was reminded that the Bush administration had changed our daylight saving time to contradict my alarm clock display that had been programmed, long, long ago, to automatically show the twice annual change of time until the cows come home or till the end of times, whichever comes first.

Now it says 5 am when it should say 6 and for a full week, I'll have to wrack my brains each time I call someone in Europe to figure out what time it's already over there or watch my favorite French show on satellite TV, not to mention re-setting my bedroom clock again next week as it won't automatically know that time. Out of almost 400 million American, I must be the only one with programed time devices because I'm not hearing any one else complain. At any rate, I continue to believe that this business of time change is really stupid and should be eradicated from the face of the earth. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

William Bocq said...

How sophisticated! A programmable DST clock, I never thought about it (I am still having trouble with my coffee machine: does the time you set up starts the brewing or indicates when it is finished?). I still walk around from clock to clock that day. It reminds me of a time at a famous school we both attended, when a rite of passage was to write the time displayed by the mother clock on a piece of paper (no PDA then)and armed with a ladder, go building to building and room to room to adjust all the clocks of the school.
Bill.
PS: I also hate DST and find that one of the most ridiculous human endeavor.