Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Check under your car before you go...

I never used to do it, but I will from now on. I just heard this morning that when Yasir Afifi, who lives in California, took his car in for an oil change, his mechanic found an unusual wire hanging from below. It was part of a black rectangular device attached to his car by a magnet. After posting photos of the gizmo online, where it was identified as a GPS tracking device, the young man received a visit from some FBI agents asking for their equipment. It's not that I don't like to be spied on, it's just that I don't think dragging extra stuff under under a car is smart, besides, I know it's bad for gas mileage.

If that had happened to me, I probably would have been subpoenaed by the FIB for excessive visits to the Home Depot or suspicious and overly frequent patronage of our nearby ski resorts. They wouldn't have been able to track my religious attendance though, as we don't have a mosque in Park City, yet. I deal with enough electronics and wires in my life without having any extra dragging underneath my car, so that what I'll do,  is just check everyday, that way I can always remove skunks, cats and other road kill that could be hanging in there...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm off to check mine now...!

William Bocq said...

As you wrote in the previous post, the American dream is sinking. Hell! if the FBI is getting that sloppy with their tracking devices, it is probably due to short funding. Otherwise, they should ask the Treasury for a refreshing course.
Bill

Go 11 said...

May be you're on something that needed to be done; let's bail out the FBI!