Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Do I look like my dad?

These two pictures were taken when my dad and I reached the same age. Can you pick up a resemblance? Sure, even though I wear a hat, one big distinction is that I have almost no hair left. For one thing and unlike me, my dad labored very hard all of his life, from the time he was a tiny kid to the days he entered his seventies. Work, work, work; no sports, no cultural experiences and no leisure activities.
Just showing up early in the morning and finishing up late at night. No vacation either and hardly any luxury; just a good meal on rare occasions, but always plenty of good, rich food cooked by my mom. Probably too much of it, in fact. In spite of all that, my dad was a good man who lived to be 85 (he was born some 108 years ago.) Something I hope to emulate, but without any guarantee...

No comments: