Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hundred days of precipitations...

That's about what we get in Park City, Utah and it's generally split equally between snow and rain. Of course the best part is that there are some 265 days left without seeing anything falling from the sky, except of course a downpour of generous and heart warming sun rays. I was talking to an old friend of mine this past weekend, who splits his time between Colorado and his native Haute-Savoie in France; he was probably exaggerating a bit when he said that in the Rocky Mountains, the sun is present 300 days of the year instead of the 300 rainy and snowy days that shroud the French Alps.

So I'd rather settle for 100 days of precipitations and 265 days of fine weather; just like my buddy, I can also assert that, in my Alpine hometown, the reverse is true with only 100 days of sun and 265 days of combined lousy conditions. With that in mind I don't have any regrets living in Park City and it's a fact that we always try to read the skies for some impeding weather that we desperately want, whether it'd be snow or rain depending on the season. That right, I had almost forgotten everything about our almighty Rocky Mountain sun!

No comments: