Thursday, October 27, 2011

Broken chain (continued...)

We learn most through adversity. My broken chain (yesterday's blog) will certainly teach me how to fix a broken chain or shorten one that's a bit too long. Right, I got the tool to do it, but I will learn the step-by-step process by going through a series of Youtube videos. Some average, some really bad and others that are just excellent. My point of course isn't about fixing a bicycle chain but about learning.

All kinds of stuff; from changing a flat tire to unlocking a cell phone, ironing a shirt or hanging a living room door. This wealth of knowledge didn't exist 15 years ago. Today, it's at our fingertips. Should that mean greater personal productivity? You bet! Do most people know this and take advantage of that free resource? Probably not as many yet as they should...

No comments: