Thursday, October 20, 2011

Riding Armstrong...

A few days ago, I was telling about the new Armstrong Trail in Park City. Yesterday, I finally rode it on my mountain bike, this time, equipped with my Garmin watch so I could measure what I was doing. At first, I thought I would die as the trail began with a hard, steep section. It's not that it gets better after that; it keeps on climbing with endless regularity, but I guess that I got used to it... About half a dozen men aged 25 to 40 passed me, seemingly effortlessly.


Two-third up the hill, I finally caught up with another one only to find out that the cyclist in question was wearing pink shorts and was a girl! I finally made it to the Mid-Mountain junction, kept on going up another two-third of the mile before I reach the apex of the climb at 8,404 feet. The downhill portion to and through Spiro was both fun and fast. Will I do this again this season? Perhaps, but I'm sure glad I did!

No comments: