Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ten step forward, one backward

This is what typically happens with technology: This morning, I open up my (Firefox) browser and it starts acting on me with a number of sites. To make a long story short, about half the sites show up in old HTML format and Facebook, my blog and calendar wouldn't open as I expected them to. I looked everywhere, searching for similar problems uncovered by other users, found nothing that could help, rebooted the machine and finally, switched the entire mission over to "Chrome," the Google browser.

One hour wasted, a few things learned in the process and life went on. Technology often comes packed with unforeseen frustrations, yet at the end of the day, it's well worth it as it helps us live a little bit closer to that elusive 100% level we all aspire to. So we need to accept that there's somehow, somewhere, a price to pay. I simply need to think more about this counterpart when trouble comes my way!

No comments: