Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The 100 best (American) companies to work for...

Each March, Fortune magazine comes up with the ranking of the 100 best companies to work for.

Once more, number one seems to be Google and there are 99 other companies down below, all the way to Allianz Life Insurance. The ranking is based on feedback from more than 232,000 employees at companies with more than 1,000 employees.

Winning a spot on the list is a sign that a company has succeeded at creating a great work place for its employees. The survey results are highly reliable, having a 95% confidence level and a margin of error of 5% or less.

Since I have one family member that's lucky enough to work for one of these great companies, I never miss to check the rankings.

Of course, after all I heard during 2016, like about how great a businessman and manager Mr. Trump was, I was sure to find the Trump organization at least in the top ten of these exemplary enterprises, but even though I read the list three times, I couldn't find it, even at the very tail end.

Mr. Trump probably thought as I did, but dismissed the omission of his company by saying that Fortune was only good at spreading “fake news”!

No comments: