Thursday, April 9, 2020

A goal a day keeps boredom away

During lock-down, time seems endless, everyday day feels the same, yet chores persist and don’t get done.

So, it’s essential that we break that routine by creating highlights that can drive us to the end of the day without getting insane and having a sense of making some progress.

My trick for that is to set up one or more goals for that day, that can easily be attained and give me some sense of having achieved something instead of letting all that precious time capital wasting away.

This is probably why this personal isolation hasn’t been so bad for me, so far, and that I still can believe how fast time is running, to the point that I’m totally unable to catch up.

Sure, the “hard things” don’t get done as fast as they should, but eventually, when my mood feels like, they might look more appetizing to me and eventually get addressed, albeit more slowly than during “normal times”.

But remember, these are very hard times and we all deserve to cut ourselves some slack!

No comments: