Sunday, April 12, 2020

Coronavirus stats

Everyday, when I consult the Covid-19 Global Cases update from the Johns Hopkins University, I’ struck by the obvious disparity between the number of cases and the number of fatalities.
Of course, numbers are as good as the way governments’ health ministries collect them, but this is however quite telling.

I’m surprised that Turkey seems so successful in limiting its casualties, much less about Canada and its fairly good national healthcare system. I'm also impressed by Germany and a bit comforted by the United States numbers, even though we can’t claim to be the best in that particular department!

What’s spooky though, is the lackluster performance by France and the UK that are behind Spain. I’m not talking about Italy, which performance is more in keeping with that country’s natural chaos…

With such dismal results, would I ever return to France? No so fast, I’m waiting for the November election. In the meantime, Happy Easter!

No comments: