Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The Theme Parks test

When I think about the 2020-2021 ski season, I wonder how lift lines may be regulated and how social distancing might affect the way lifts are loaded, their overall capacity and the entire uphill experience, that by far, will be the most critical.

I’m not too worried about skiing down, because I don’t ski crowded runs and generally navigate these to my advantage, but I wonder how practically people will load a triple, quad or six people chair?

Likewise, how will folks be distributed inside gondolas of all sizes and trams? In other words which percentage of each lift can be safely utilized? I’m not even talking about mountain restaurant and bars, since I don’t patronize these much.

No doubt, this will have huge implication on skiers’ experience and ski resorts’ profitability. In the meantime, what will be highly informative is to watch how Theme Parks and other outdoors venues will begin dealing with the new Covid reality this summer, when restriction begin to fall...

No comments: