Monday, January 18, 2021

Leaving Washington, DC

I recently learned that Donald Trump will leave the White House just hours before Joe Biden’s inauguration this coming Wednesday, hitching one ultimate ride on Air Force One to his very final destination (I would hope), in Florida. 

I wish this is true and is not another subterfuge for hiding his second Coup d'État. This said, I still don't quite trust this dubious character with such a big and expensive airplane. I don’t think he deserves to fly on it anymore, but that’s not for me to say. 

So I keep my fingers crossed that the aircraft is returned in good enough condition for Biden to continue using it. Trump should fly on Southwest, but this might create some major chaos, so I'd prefer for him to hitch-hike down to sunny Mara Lago. 

This mode of transportation is therefore drastically slower, but much more interesting for Trump. He’ll finally discover the joys of road tripping down I-95, and this would go a long way in terms of endearing him even more to his dedicated and loyal base. 

So, as we say in French, “Bon voyage!”

No comments: