Monday, January 11, 2021

Procrastination and me

Just like you, I have a “to do” list, and to my dismay, it never fails to get longer instead of staying the same or getting whittled. That’s when I’m asking myself, “What’s going on?” 

I have done some research, but my sources give me a plethora of reasons that don’t seem to pinpoint or match my real problems and show where the roadblocks are. That led me to conduct my own evaluation. 

Like most people, I’m first attracted by what’s simple, easy and very tangible stuff. I like a sure pay off! Nothing new there. I also have perfectionist tendencies that often time get in the way of my starting a project, make me fear that the outcome isn’t guaranteed and freeze me in place. 

Finally, there are all these more complex projects, tasks or undertaking that demand skills I don’t quite have and this scares me as well as giving me anxiety. Nothing terribly impossible, though, so let me roll up my sleeves and let me get to work!

No comments: