Thursday, January 7, 2021

Rude folks that ignore messages

People who use a computer, a tablet or a smart phone, sooner or later learn how to send an email or just perhaps a text. With that power come a few responsibilities. 

When a message is received from someone you know or respect a tiny bit, I think you should respond to it. I’m not talking about junk, promotional or solicitation messages. Just established person-to-person communication. In a way something like answering a letter received via snail-mail or otherwise. 

Sure, if someone can’t or absolutely won’t compose a typed message and respond in that manner there’s the good, old telephone that someone can use. 

Example? This summer I notice the obituary of the mother of what I thought was a good friend of mine and I immediately sent a message of condolences; did I get an acknowledgment in the form of a reply or a phone call? Not at all. 

A majority of my French friends are the worst offenders; is it in their DNA? So, you see, there’s absolutely no excuse for being a jerk and ignoring emails.

No comments: