Sunday, January 31, 2021

The most important piece of advice

I remember telling my kids on several occasions that they had to do something they love to be happy during their lives, but don’t exactly remember that I admonished them that they could do anything they set their mind to accomplish if they were willing to put the necessary work out and make the required sacrifices.

My parents certainly didn’t share any two these advice with me because the concept was alien to them and no one, for sure, educators or otherwise, ever shared that possibility with them. 

The importance of working hard and conforming to the path that seemingly had been assigned to us was the only elements we were taught to me during my developing years. 

So yes, I regret not having forcefully told my kids to dare being the person they wanted to be, no matter what the cost was, from the time they were mature enough to understand. 

Today, in retrospect, I would have loved to having found strong mentors along the way, but it’s too late now, yet it’s a good enough thing that I’m aware of the importance of good guidance and good role models. 

I can now impart that knowledge whenever I am given the opportunity and this is what should be called progress in our society.

No comments: